- Google has removed Paytm's mobile application from its mobile app store platform Play Store. The search engine giant has cited its policies on gaming and betting as the reason for the move.
- Dear Paytm'ers, Paytm Android app is temporarily unavailable on Google's Play Store for new downloads or updates. It will be back very soon. All your money is completely safe, and you can continue to enjoy your Paytm app as normal. — Paytm (@Paytm) September 18, 2020. The company has assured users that their money is completely safe.
- Paytm says will be back 'very soon' after app removed from Google Play Store By Rashi Varshney 18th Sep 2020 Google has pulled down Paytm and its gaming app, Paytm First Games, from the Play.
- Google Removes Paytm App From Play Store
- Paytm Removed From Play Store
- Google Remove Paytm From Play Store
Google has removed the popular Paytm app from the play store after it violated the gambling policies set by Google. The app has over 50 million monthly active users in India. Paytm is owned by the Indian company One97 Communications Ltd. The move by Google to remove Paytm from Google Play because of the addition of the fantasy cricket tournament that the company recently included, which violates Google Play policies. Also with this Google Play has barred the Paytm First Games app that also included the same fantasy cricket features with real money betting.
Best gambling stories. Breaking: Paytm, India's financial services app has been taken off from Google Play Store after repeated policy violations.
Google Removes Paytm App From Play Store
'Play Store prohibits online casinos and other unregulated gambling apps that facilitate sports betting in India' according to TechCrunch. #Paytmpic.twitter.com/Wz5PnWbyt2— Ishan Agarwal (@ishanagarwal24) September 18, 2020 The reason of pulling down Paytm from Google PlayStore is not yet known. But Google is claiming that the company can't entertain the gambling apps. Google had earlier notified Paytm developers regarding this issue and were in touch with the company regarding the digital wallet and e-commerce app.
@Paytm & @PaytmFirstGames pulled down from Google [email protected] cites Violation of Google Play gambling policies & says we don’t allow online casinos or support any unregulated gambling apps that facilitate sports [email protected]@[email protected]/Zj4QivQ45A— Megha Vishwanath (@MeghaVishwanath) September 18, 2020
Paytm Removed From Play StoreNo further information is known regarding the removal of Paytm from the Google PlayStore. Twitter has flooded soon after the news came in light. Paytm app repeatedly violated company's policies including online casinos and other unregulated gambling apps. Paytm is still available on the Apple App Store.
Google Remove Paytm From Play Store